- Similar range to gasoline with equal fuel capacity.
- Equivalent fuel economy to gasoline.
- 300 to 500 miles per fill-up for most vehicles.
- In most markets, $0.90 to $2.00 savings per gallon.
- Reduced engine wear and service requirements.
- Federal tax credits available on LPG motor fuel and Refueling Infrastructure.
- Considered safer than gasoline by the EPA and DOT.
- LPG fuel tank is 20 times stronger than gasoline tank.
- Very narrow range of flammability.
- Stored in a closed system under moderate pressure.
- Existing infrastructure throughout the U.S.
- Inexpensive refueling stations can be built on-site.
- Only 3 to 5 minutes to fill a vehicle.
Popularity of Propane as a Motor Fuel
- Over 14 million passenger vehicles world wide.
- Over 2.4 million passenger vehicles in the Poland.
- 9% of passenger vehicles in Holland.
- 8% of passenger vehicles in South Korea.
- 10% of passenger vehicles in Turkey.
- 1.2 million passenger vehicles in Italy alone.
- Has been used for a motor fuel since 1913.
Environmental Benefits and Energy Security
- Significantly lower emissions than gasoline or diesel.
- Will not contaminate ground water.
- Over 90% of propane used in the U.S. is produced in the U.S.- the rest is from non-OPEC countries. The purchase of propane keeps U.S. dollars on U.S. soil.